written in the stars

My photo
Venusian. Diamond's child. Birthed on the first morning star. Loves only the one who is on Mars, Topaz's proud&stubborn son, birthed on the twenty-third starset.

Monday, June 27, 2011

flutter

you're so close that i think that i could just s
                                                                  i
                                                                    n
                                                                      k
into your alabaster skin; so that the blue
of your trainers pools an ocean around
my feet, so that the beige of your trousers
melts into me like cream on coffee, so that
the red of your shirt spreads like a blush
across me.

and now i ask, how do i tell you?
there's silver fire and gold ice in
eternal salsa across my skin; all
that from just a smile.

how do i tell you?
my mind is in a perpetual autumn; 
monotone,  sepia leaves falling to the ground,
gathering up like gold dust,

or just plain old dust.
all it takes if for you to leave the room,
and it all disintegrates, you know,
all those beautiful, effervescent thoughts i have,
thoughts i could sew into stupid little love poems.


you're so close that i think,
butterflies will fly o u t of my mouth,
instead of the words i should be saying,
with the way you make my p ul s e
flutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; they're bright lines of light in the dust and dark. Be kind to my mistakes and remember that my words are free and not meant to offend, so yours shouldn't be either.