written in the stars

My photo
Venusian. Diamond's child. Birthed on the first morning star. Loves only the one who is on Mars, Topaz's proud&stubborn son, birthed on the twenty-third starset.

Monday, June 27, 2011

flying colours

i think i'd like to make you a science.
at least then, i could recreate p e r f e c t l y the blue of your eyes,
                                                                        the gold of your heart,
                                                                              the tornado of your thinking.

i think i'd like to make you a math.
i could recreate a c c u r a t e l y the angle of your strength,
                                                       the slope of your shoulders,
                                                             the factors of your soul.

i think i'd like to make you a song,
i could recreate e x a c t l y the depth of your voice,
                                                the shards of your ego,
                                                      the glint of your sincerity.

i think i'd like to make you into something
quantifiable,
measurable,
tangible

but i'm glad you're not
this way, all these moments are frozen

just for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really like this, the first stanza is my favourite, really like your style. I've just posted a poem on my blog, let me know what you think if you want (:

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts; they're bright lines of light in the dust and dark. Be kind to my mistakes and remember that my words are free and not meant to offend, so yours shouldn't be either.