written in the stars

My photo
Venusian. Diamond's child. Birthed on the first morning star. Loves only the one who is on Mars, Topaz's proud&stubborn son, birthed on the twenty-third starset.

Monday, March 21, 2011

friday night lights

see, she's the kind of girl who
perms her hair and bothers
with mascara and me? i have
nothing but split ends and dried tears
to hold my eyelashes in place.

see, she's the kind of girl who
you'd be proud to introduce
to your folks back home and me?
your parents would hate me.

but, see, she's the kind of girl who
would only say i love you when she
needs to and hand you tissues after
you sneeze and want you to pay her
attention rather than the liverpool
man u match going on that night.

and me? i'm fucked up enough to find it
hard to say i love you but at least, you'd
know i mean it and i always always will
and i'd still kiss you if you had a cold
and curl up next to you with chicken soup
and pull out some beers and make you
nachos for that friday night, watching in HD,
even though i couldn't care less about
football; it'd mean being with you, right?

see, she's the kind of girl who
you think you should be with,
and me? i'm the woman you
should be with, alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; they're bright lines of light in the dust and dark. Be kind to my mistakes and remember that my words are free and not meant to offend, so yours shouldn't be either.