written in the stars

My photo
Venusian. Diamond's child. Birthed on the first morning star. Loves only the one who is on Mars, Topaz's proud&stubborn son, birthed on the twenty-third starset.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

waterlogged heart

this is it and --
and your eyes
are this weird
annoying
shade of blue
that makes my
heart drown in
itself

[and i can't help but
think if this is it
because there is
there is -- i can't,
i'm not imagining
this, am I? Am I?
but there is a little
something here like
a spark in the dark
or fireworks, the 
kind that flash there
behind your eyes
or would if you'd
come,

and maybe this is
it, you know that
feeling between us
this whole time was
more than just an
epic Odysseus -
Penelope love story -
I'll wait longer than
she ever did, and
Aphrodite was a 
virgin anyways so
she can't even know
how much i want
you

and  it kills me,
how i can't ever say
or write enough on
your skin, i need to
stain it with ink and
even then i can't
ever do your fucking
beauty enough justice
and i can't ever show
everyone the exact way
you rip the breath from
my lungs and how your
laugh spreads across my
skin like the wind through
a barren forest, bringing it
and me to life and how
your smile isn't ever
lopsided or crooked or
anything because everything
in your life has a balance;
even your face and i just
love you]

and they meet
mine from all
the way over
there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; they're bright lines of light in the dust and dark. Be kind to my mistakes and remember that my words are free and not meant to offend, so yours shouldn't be either.