written in the stars

My photo
Venusian. Diamond's child. Birthed on the first morning star. Loves only the one who is on Mars, Topaz's proud&stubborn son, birthed on the twenty-third starset.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

verbal picture

i think, if i could be any book,
i'd be a dictionary. you'd read me,
always -- i'd be an oxford dictionary,
of course. (the best kind, you said to
me) and then i could make you words,
so that there's finally a word for the 1000
shades of blue in your forget-me eyes. so
that there's finally a word for the little half-
sigh laugh you give when you're amused.
so that there's a word out there, just for you.

if i was a dictionary, i'd make sure that you
could be [captured] on paper, scribbled on
scrap paper and stuffed in squishy pockets,
typed out in a million fonts across mac and
window screens, traced lovingly by frosty
fingers on glistening glass; you're forever.

but i'm not; i'm human and all these sighed
syllables, similes and sibilant sentences are
frag me n ted and just kind of die; there's just
not ever really enough words to take your
verbal picture, literally.

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Im a Leo, my bf is a Taurus
    and his bday is coing up on the 23rd. I don't
    really know much about the zodiac but I respect
    people who are knowledgeable about it.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. roseanna2u: thank you for visiting! he's a Sagittarius and i'm and aries so it all works out just fine. and happy birthday to your boyfriend! i wish you both all the best.

    MB: -nudgenudge-

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts; they're bright lines of light in the dust and dark. Be kind to my mistakes and remember that my words are free and not meant to offend, so yours shouldn't be either.