written in the stars

My photo
Venusian. Diamond's child. Birthed on the first morning star. Loves only the one who is on Mars, Topaz's proud&stubborn son, birthed on the twenty-third starset.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

weight on my shoulders

you're scary and you know it but we both gotta admit
i can be pretty fucking terrifying too.

i can see the gratefulness in your eyes as i bite the
insides of my cheeks raw and my overbitten nails
cut into my palm and my teeth grind into nothingness.
i hold back my words because you don't need to
see this part of me, not ever and you know it, and
you're just sitting there, harsh words falling on my skin
uncommittedunfocusedundisciplinedlazyunrefinedclumsystupidstupidstupid
like a new brand of morse-code bruises.

and, maybe, that's what hurts;
you expect too much from me,
sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; they're bright lines of light in the dust and dark. Be kind to my mistakes and remember that my words are free and not meant to offend, so yours shouldn't be either.