written in the stars

My photo
Venusian. Diamond's child. Birthed on the first morning star. Loves only the one who is on Mars, Topaz's proud&stubborn son, birthed on the twenty-third starset.

Monday, April 11, 2011

yellow brick road

sometimes, i think if i squint hard enough,
i'll be able to see a road from here to you
materialise out of the ground. 

but then, i squint
too hard and the world is dark as my eyes shut
and i get too scared to open them again, especially
when i can feel these dark, shadow-folded creatures,
baring teeth and claws and talons and hate, waiting for
me in the edges of my peripheries. 

my love is bright, brighter than the stars and they'll
lead you home. but i am endlessly lost in darkness,
forever wandering, afraid and without light;

you don't
      can't
      won't love me, no matter how much i want
                                                           need
                                                           plead you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; they're bright lines of light in the dust and dark. Be kind to my mistakes and remember that my words are free and not meant to offend, so yours shouldn't be either.