written in the stars

My photo
Venusian. Diamond's child. Birthed on the first morning star. Loves only the one who is on Mars, Topaz's proud&stubborn son, birthed on the twenty-third starset.

Monday, February 7, 2011

i apologize for nothing.


x

"I mean, look at her! Her chest is so huge, I feel tiny in comparison to just that."

"Yeah, you are kind of small, aren't you?"

"Is it enough?"

A hand reaches out to brush her breast and then, breathily;

"Yeah."

x

(we were so young, so naive. but you never stay like that; not for long.) 

"
    I still remember; warm brown eyes and soft gold scarves and hesitant wandering fingers.

    I told you I was lost and you said you couldn't find yourself - but we were never more lost than when we were with each other.

    I'm a coward, I'll freely admit that. You scared me, you know - terrified me. Your carefree - almost eager - attitude towards death. The ease that you patched yourself up after heartbreak. And your arrogance - arrogance that I once found ohso charming - that let you presume that I'd marry you one day and we'd have kids and I'd name the first two and you'd name the last two.

    But then, I saw it. It. The cruel, cold pleasure in your eyes as you threatened your own death; the uncaring tilt of your lips (I used to call them smiles but they're more like knives now, glinting in the light); the selfish, selfish fingers that only took and took and took.

    I'd like to tell you the truth, someday. Because...I did care about you, I did. And while I couldn't help but wish your toffee-eyes were sky-blue; that you were a bit shorter, a bit leaner - I know that you couldn't help but wish that my henna-eyes were just that bit lighter, that my hair was blonde(thenredandthenblack;whichiswhyyoustartedtalkingtomeagain) and my lips were thinner.

    Oh, yes, I used you. But you...you used me too.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; they're bright lines of light in the dust and dark. Be kind to my mistakes and remember that my words are free and not meant to offend, so yours shouldn't be either.