written in the stars

My photo
Venusian. Diamond's child. Birthed on the first morning star. Loves only the one who is on Mars, Topaz's proud&stubborn son, birthed on the twenty-third starset.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

crossed your fingers


"I promise you, I'll be here when it all falls down."

"Really?"
Do you remember?

Your hair was long and the heat clung to our skin and there were tears streaming down your face when you told me you missed him. I knew - I always know, don't you know? - knew how that felt more than anyone. And then, came the secrets, spilling forth from my mouth as easily as the lies, choking and burning my throat with their intensity and coal-like taste (not everything has a happy ending, love).

Do you remember?

We sat, side by side, thighs pressed together as the corners of old tomes dug into our backs. You toss your lank, black locks back and shoot me a tentative smile. When I said I wouldn't tell anyone, I meant - mean - forever. And your own secrets burst out from pressed lips but they were light and airy and dissapeared into insignificance as soon as they were uttered. Mine settled on our shoulders, like soot on statues.

Do you remember?

One day, side by side the two of you. Your hair cut short and yours dyed brown. Matching clothes and voices and inside jokes. Arms around shoulders and secrets that shine. I'm not part of this anymore, surprise, surprise.

Do you remember?

Leaving me behind? Because I sure as hell fucking don't.

"Really."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; they're bright lines of light in the dust and dark. Be kind to my mistakes and remember that my words are free and not meant to offend, so yours shouldn't be either.