written in the stars

My photo
Venusian. Diamond's child. Birthed on the first morning star. Loves only the one who is on Mars, Topaz's proud&stubborn son, birthed on the twenty-third starset.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

viper

eyes, eyes, yellow eyes.
stop staring at me;
you lookin' for a fight?

teeth, teeth, long sharp teeth.
stop baring them at me.
can't you smile for once?

your words are like poison,
except there's no antidote,
not against you, anacondad
not against your special brand of poison,
the kind that burns and burns
like acrid acid in my blood;
hate.

but you know what?
i'll survive and i'll live and breathe and be
just fine without you.
what doesn't kill me, only makes me superfuckinghuman.

so come at me, viper.
i can do this.

["But no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison."]
James 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts; they're bright lines of light in the dust and dark. Be kind to my mistakes and remember that my words are free and not meant to offend, so yours shouldn't be either.